There are two ways to set hourly rates for employees in Saasu:
1. Set the individual employee hourly rates using the Employees Details screen.
These rates are used in payroll transactions when the Hourly Ratepay item is set to be the product of a multiplier and the regular hourly rate (eg: 1 x regular hourly rate from the Employee Details screen).
2. Set up hourly rate using an hourly rate pay item.
In the Pay Item screen you can set up your pay item to use a fixed hourly rate for all employees using this pay item. Importantly, the Employee Details screen hourly rate is ignored if one already exists when you use this pay item.
My employee's hourly pay rates have changed but new pays don't show the change - Why is this?
Here are some possible causes:
- If you are tracking pays via a pay item hourly rate, then this needs to be updated. Just updating the Employees Details screen won't affect the pay item because several employees might use the same pay item in payroll transactions.
- If you are tracking pays using the hourly rate in the Employees Detailsscreens, ensure your pay item (eg Base pay Hourly) is set to an hourly rate such as 1 x regular hourly rate. From the Setup Pay Items screen, click the Base Pay Hourly pencil icon to edit this.
- Duplicating old pays and just changing the hours will carry over old pay rate details. You need to create the payroll transactions afresh using the Add Payrollscreen and selecting the employee from the dropdown list.
- If you are using a pay item that takes hours from timesheets, ensure the pay item has had its rate updated. Alternatively, if you are relying on the hourly rate in the individual Employees Details screens, you can have this set to Hourly and 1 x regular hourly rate. You can also update the fixed hourly rate if you are using this option.