Reconciling Bank Feeds
Saasu connects to your bank and loads new transactions into your Inbox. Saasu also suggests transactions (blue suggestions) in your Saasu file that match data in your bank feed. You can tick these using the icon provided if it looks correct. If no suggestions exist you can create (plus icon) or search (magnifying glass) for transactions easily from this area until you clear your inbox.
How to Edit Bank Feed Items summary/description
- Click the summary (highlighted in yellow when you hover) for each bank feed item to change it to something more meaningful for you. The edited summary will be used when creating Saasu transactions from the bank feed item.
- Click the Revert link that displays beside the modified summaries to reset them to the original bank summary.
Matching Bank Feed Items with Saasu Suggestions
When possible, Saasu will suggest existing transactions in your file which may be matches for your bank feed items. These will display below each of your bank feed items in blue.
- To accept a suggestion, click the Acceptbutton that displays when you hover to the right of the suggestion.
- When you accept a Bank Transfer, Purchase Payment, or Sale Payment suggestion: Saasu matches the bank feed item with the existing bank transfer, purchase payment, or sale payment.
- When you accept a Sale or Purchase suggestion: Saasu creates the sale/purchase payment transaction using the details of the bank feed item, and matches the bank feed item with the new sale/purchase payment.
- To view/edit the suggested transaction, click the Edit button that displays when you hover on the right.
Matching Bank Feed items with Existing Transactions
If there are no suggestions for a bank feed item, or none of the suggested transactions match, you can search for other existing transactions in your file to match with the bank feed item.
- Click the Search button to the right of the bank feed item and choose the transaction type to search for (eg Unpaid Sales) - This will replace the suggestions list with the Match with... dialog.
- Search/refine the results within the dialog using the available filters.
- Once you've found the transaction/s, select these and click the Match against selected button.
- You can view/edit the transactions by clicking the Edit icon to the right of the row.
Matching by Creating Transactions from Bank Feed Items
If a bank feed item does not match any existing transactions, you can create new transactions using the bank feed item details.
- Select one or more bank feed items.
- Click an individual feed item (or its checkbox) to select/deselect it.
- Click the checkbox in the header bar to bulk-select/deselect the feed items on the screen.
- Select the transaction type from the Create As menu.
- Complete the required/relevant fields.
- Click the Submitbutton to e.g. Create Service Sales with Payments from the selected bank feed items - Saasu will create transactions using the combined information from the bank feed item (date, amount, summary) and the form fields (account, tax code, contact, tags, etc). It will then match the bank feed items with the newly created transactions.
Matching Multiple Transactions from Bank Feed
The steps below can apply to transactions such as sales and/or purchases. The example below shows for a sale transaction.
Allocating single bank feed item to multiple unpaid transactions from the Add>Sale Payment screen
- Go to Add > Sale Payment. A list of outstanding invoices is shown which you can apply payment to whether part or full payment.
- Click Save and Close
- Go back to Automate > Bank Feed
- Select the magnifier icon >> Click “Sale Payment”. This is shown as a whole amount.
- Click “Match against selected”
Allocating a single bank feed item for unpaid transactions from the Bank Feed screen
- Go to Automate > Bank Feed
- Select the magnifier icon > click “Unpaid Sales”. A list of unpaid sales is shown where you are able to select multiple sales and apply payment against it.
- Click “Match against selected”.
Unmatching Bank Feed Items
- From the Matched or Allview, select the bank feed items to unmatch.
- Click the Unmatch action link above the header bar.
- Alternatively, you can unmatch bank feed items individually by clicking the Unmatch button for each feed item.
Unmatching a bank feed item does not delete the Saasu transaction that the bank feed item was matched with. You may need to locate the Saasu transaction (i.e. the sale, purchase or bank transfer the bank feed item was matched with) separately and delete/reverse it if necessary.
Deleting Bank Feed Items
- Select the bank feed items to delete.
- Click on the Delete action link above the header bar.
You can only delete unmatched bank feed items. To delete a matched item, you will need to first unmatch the feed item and then delete it. Once you delete a bank feed item it will be moved to the Deleted folder.
Un-deleting Deleted Bank Feed Items
If you realise you deleted a bank feed entry in error, this is how to Un-delete the deleted bank feed entry and move it back to 'Inbox'.
- Go to Automate > Bank feeds.
- From 'Inbox' drop down to 'Deleted', select the bank account. This will list all the bank transactions deleted under the bank account.
- To un-delete select 'Undelete this transaction'. This bank transaction will appear in your bank feeds 'inbox'.
Multiple Pays in a Pay Run
Matching Group Payroll transactions is one of the last items we need to handle in bank feeds. Apologies that we don't support this yet. What you can do is leave it in your inbox until we release the matching feature soon or else add a journal transaction in which you allocate to the same Bank account to match it.