- If you have any questions or comments about this policy please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attend to your query promptly.
- Some of the personal information that Saasu holds may be the same information as that which you enter in your Saasu financial database, however our information is not collected only from that source.
- Only you and your nominated representatives (which explicitly includes some Saasu system administrative employees) have access to your financial database under normal operational circumstances with the exception of summarised anonymous data.
- You agree that we may use your data as a part of summarised anonymous data for benchmarking, financial trends and economic analysis and reporting by our research teams products and services.
- We agree that summarised anonymous data will not have enough detail to identify underlying individuals or individual businesses making up that data made available via our research teams products and services.
Why and how we collect and use data about you:
- We provides services and products in the accounting and information technology industries. Part of this service provision requires us to protect your privacy. From 21 December 2001 the Commonwealth Privacy Act contains new sections that we are bound by. They concern a number of principles in relation to the protection of your personal information and in how we must deal with our customers in relation to this information.
- Personal information held by us may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile numbers, e-mail address, bank account and credit card details, details of your services and information we require to perform our services for you.
- Sensitive personal financial information entered into Services we offer will not be used or disclosed by Saasu except as authorised by you to perform our services for you and to provide summarised anonymous benchmarking data across all our clients.
- Access to this information by your professional advisors or other representatives can only be granted by you.
- Should you choose not to provide personal information we may not be able to provide you with the services you require or at a sufficient level that we regard as important for performing at best practice and as such we reserve the right to terminate the supply of this service to you.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information:
- In conversations with you and your employees, in person or by e-mail, fax and telephone;
- From third parties such as your employees, your accountant, related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives
- From publicly available sources of information
- When we are required to do so by law
- From our own records of your usage of Saasu services
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide products and services to you
- Collect payments and to administer your account
- Provide you with updated or new information about our products or services
- Conduct creditworthiness checks and/or fraud checks
- For development of existing and new products and services
- Maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems
- Actively promote our other products and services to you. If you do not wish to receive such communications please advise us.
- For research into our client base and for related purposes by our research team including as aggregated (anonymous) benchmarking data.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
In providing our products and services, or collecting and using your personal information, we will always keep your data private to the maximum extend commercially practically possible. In the normal course of business and in order to provide your service we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to organisations outside Saasu. Such organisations may include:
- Our outsourced service providers which are always carefully selected by us
- Your legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors if you agree as part of the service
- Credit- and/or fraud-reporting agencies if you use the service for making financial transaction instructions
- Organisations providing you with credit or financing
- Our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors and bankers
- Regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law
- Our subsidiaries and closely related organisations
- Other organisations involved in managing our trade receivables, business, financial affairs
- Other organisations subscribing to our client base research data which will be aggregated and anonymous
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable precautions to make sure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. We appreciate notification of errors, omissions or changes in your personal information. This is especially important for information required for us to communicate with you, such as a change in name, email, phone or address.
Security of Your Personal Information
Saasu takes reasonable steps that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some notable measures to ensure the security of your personal information include: Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection encryption; and regular backups of the database. The security of this information is also dependent on your own measures to protect your Saasu usernames, email addresses and passwords from disclosure and unauthorised use.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access any of your personal information that we hold, with some exceptions as allowed by law. To obtain a copy of this information, write to us requesting the information and we will provide it to you. Saasu reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of this information.
By continuing to use our products or services or website you consent to Saasu maintaining, using and disclosing your personal information as described in this document for a period of no less than seven years from the date of your last use of the system (or the date of the last use of the system by any user under your subscription which ever is the latest).