IMPORTANT SECURITY MESSAGE: Saasu and our employees will never ask you for your password verbally or by email. Saasu staff can't access your password. If you ever get a request for your password please notify us immediately.
Reset your Password
- Go to Saasu.com and then click on Sign-in link on the top right of our homepage.
- Click the Forgot Password link.
- Enter your email address for your user account.
- Saasu sends you an email with a verification link to confirm you want your password reset and also a temporary password.
Update Your Password
- While logged on to Saasu.com, go to the Cog Icon and then User Profile.
- On Manage My User Settings page, enter a new password (and then confirm the new password).
- Enter your current password then click Save.
Update Your user Email Address
- While logged on to Saasu, go to the Cog Icon and then User Profile.
- On the Manage My User Settings page, update your email address.
- Enter your password then click Save.
- Saasu sends you an email with a verification link to confirm your email change. Please follow the link to activate the new email address.
- Once activated, log-in to Saasu using the updated email address.
Adding New Users
You will need administrator rights to add or remove users. The original subscriber is usually the administrator who controls user access. They can also give authority to other users to administer the subscription. Standard users cannot add or remove users for security reasons. To add or remove a user:
- Ensure you have logged on to your file and you can see your dashboard.
- Click the Cog Icon link in the top right and then on Invite User.
- Fill in the details to invite the user using this form.
- Select the Access Level for the files this user has access to.
- Tick This user has permission to manage membership details if you want this user to be an administrator with the ability to add, remove, and edit files and users.
- Tick This user is my advisor to tell the Saasu service team to treat this person as a financial, bookkeeping, or accounting professional.
- Click Invite - They will receive an email that has an activation link which they have to click to accept the invitation. If the user is a new user to Saasu, they will have to fill in certain details including a password when accepting the invitation. If the user is already an existing user they will only have to enter their password when accepting the invitation.
Add an Existing Saasu User
If the invitation was sent to an existing user's email address, they will be able to accept the invitation to your file and sign in using their existing Saasu credentials (email address and password).
- Click the Cog Icon in the top right and then Manage Subscription.
- Click on the name of the subscription that you want to remove the user from
- Then under "Users" on the Manage Subscription screen, click the trash icon next to the user you want to remove.
Your choice of password is extremely important to prevent unauthorised access to your information. Choose a password that has at least eight characters with both letters and numbers or characters.
Saasu Service Desk Access
Sometimes the service team here at Saasu need access to your information in order to assist you with a problem. Under the terms of service you agree to when you sign up with us we already legally have the right to access your data for specific purposes like this, but we normally don't exercise this right of access without asking you again formally.
This is mainly as a courtesy but it is also because we take data security very seriously and think that it is better to get specific permission from you when this is required.
We think this small inconvenience is worthwhile for us both because your information security is important and it ensures tighter control.
NOTE: The Saasu Service team provides support on how to use system features, we do not provide business, legal, or accounting advice. For advice or information on business or legal matters, or accounting treatment of transactions, please discuss with your tax advisor and/or accountant and/or bookkeeper.
If you raise a service request with our service team, we may ask you to grant us permission to investigate the issue. We will normally only do this via a) a written request for permission to attach via email, or b) when you click the checkbox to give us permission to attach on the Contact Us page in the web app . This is a security measure and permission can only be provided by the subscription administrator.
To allow Saasu service team members access please:
- Raise a service case online and give us clear instructions on the problem you have in writing using a help ticket. This is a security measure to ensure the Internet address of the request is tracked and we automatically detect your technical configuration and specific details for the request. You need to explicitly provide us with access (see step 2) or give us additional permission in writing as part of the service request or in a subsequent email.
- The staff member dealing with your service ticket will request of email for authority to attach to your file, they will then organise to be attached to your file internally based on your authority.
Why can't I edit user settings if I am the administrator?
Saasu users can have access to multiple subscriptions and files so the user themselves needs to update their own details. Administrators can control whether or not they have access to file(s) but can't control user details. For the users to update their own details they just need to sign in and click their name in the top menu bar. This will open their user details which they can then edit and save.
Who has the authority to manage the subscription?
We have the following subscription management policies for paid Saasu subscribers regarding security and protection:
- Paying subscribers to Saasu can nominate a third party on behalf of you to make any changes to your subscription or sign-in details. To do this, you need to add the third party to your subscription and give them administrator access for your subscription. See the note above about adding new users.
- If another individual or business has acquired your business, you need to give access to the new owners first by adding them as new users. You should not allow them to use your sign-in details under any circumstances.
- If you have signed up under a Saasu partner, and later decide to become a direct Saasu customer, you need to sign up again under a new paid subscription plan with us. Once you have signed-up, inform us you have done so and we will transfer your files from the Premier Partner’s subscription to yours.
- The same applies if you are a Saasu Partner and require customer files to be moved from their own subscription to your subscription. You have to inform your customers to instruct us to do this. We will then transfer the customer files over to their new subscriptions from yours.
The person I invited didn't get the invite email?
On occasions the email invite can get caught in a junk mail folder. This is a good place to check first if the email invite doesn't get through. If you need any assistance working out why, just create a help ticket and we'll check if the email was sent.