SECURITY MESSAGE: Saasu employees will never ask you for your password verbally or by email. Saasu staff can’t access your password. If you ever get a request for your password please notify us immediately.
Never share your access with anyone including employees and advisors. Doing so is a breach of Saasu’s terms. You may have connected your file to bank feed and tax remittance systems. Sharing your access may breach legal, legislative and/or privacy obligations.
Forgot your Password
- Go to Saasu.com and then click on Sign-in link on the top right of our homepage.
- Click the Forgot Password link.
- Enter your email address for your user account.
- Saasu sends you an email with a verification link to confirm you want your password reset.
Update Your Password
- While logged on to Saasu.com, go to the Cog Icon and then User Profile.
- On Manage My User Settings page, enter a new password (and then confirm the new password).
- Enter your current password then click Save.
Update Your user Email Address
- While logged on to Saasu, go to the Cog Icon and then User Profile.
- On the Manage My User Settings page, update your email address.
- Enter your password then click Save.
- Saasu sends you an email with a verification link to confirm your email change. Please follow the link to activate the new email address.
- Once activated, log-in to Saasu using the updated email address.
Managing user access (Admins only)
You will need administrator rights to add, edit or remove users. The original subscriber is usually the administrator who controls user access. They can also give authority to other users to administer the subscription. Standard users cannot add or remove users for security reasons.
User Roles allow you to control exactly what you want your users such as employees, bookkeepers and advisors to see in your accounting file. You can use this for changing user roles which have already been setup, or you can create new user roles.
Add a new user
- Click the Cog Icon link in the top right and then on Invite User.
- Fill in the details to invite the user using this form and select the Access Level for the files this user has access to.
- Tick This user has permission to manage membership details if you want this user to be an administrator with the ability to add, remove, and edit files and users.
- Tick This user is my advisor to tell the Saasu service team to treat this person as a financial, bookkeeping, or accounting professional.
- Click Invite – They will receive an email that has an activation link which they have to click to accept the invitation. If the user is a new user to Saasu, they will have to fill in certain details including a password when accepting the invitation. If the user is already an existing user they will only have to enter their password when accepting the invitation.
Add an existing Saasu user
If the invitation was sent to an existing users email address, they will be able to accept the invitation to your file and sign in using their existing Saasu credentials (email address and password).
- Click the Cog Icon in the top right and then Manage Subscription.
- Click on the name of the subscription that you want to remove the user from
- Then under Users on the Manage Subscription screen, click the trash icon next to the user you want to remove.
How to apply an existing User Role to your users
- When you are logged into Saasu, click on the settings cog.
- Click on Manage Subscription
- Choose the relevant subscription in the list of subscriptions you have access to manage.
- Scroll down the Manage Subscription screen until you get to the User List.
- Click on the user’s name for the person you wish to apply a new User Role to.
- You will be in the Edit User screen. Change the Access Level to the User Role your require.
- Save the changes
How to create a new custom User Role
- When you are logged into Saasu, click on Settings (cog icon) and then Manage Subscription.
- If you have more than one Subscription, choose the relevant one in the list of subscriptions.
- Scroll down the Manage Subscription screen until you get to the User Roles listing.
- Click the Add link to setup a new User Role (that can be used on any User in your subscription)
- You will be in the Add User Role screen. Name this new User Role and specify what access is granted for it.
- Click Save and Close at the bottom of the features list when complete.
- The User Role will now be available for you to use when editing a User’s Role
Your choice of password is extremely important to prevent unauthorised access to your information. Choose a password that has at least eight characters with both letters and numbers or characters.
Saasu Service Desk Access
Sometimes the service team need access to your information in order to assist you with a problem. You agree to this under the terms of service when you signed up. However, we normally don’t exercise this right of access out of courtesy and security reasons so we may ask permission to attach to your file again. Permission can only be provided by the subscription administrator.
When we attach to your file to troubleshoot issues we are doing this for technical product support reasons only. We cannot perform data entry, alter data or provide business, legal, or accounting advice. For advice on accounting treatment of transactions, please engage your accountant.
Why can’t I edit user settings if I am the administrator?
Saasu users can have access to multiple subscriptions and files so the user themselves needs to update their own details. Administrators can control whether or not they have access to file(s) but can’t control user details. For the users to update their own details they just need to sign in and click their name in the top menu bar. This will open their user details which they can then edit and save.
Who has the authority to manage the subscription?
We have the following subscription management policies for paid Saasu subscribers regarding security and protection:
- Paying subscribers to Saasu can nominate a third party on behalf of you to make any changes to your subscription or sign-in details. To do this, you need to add the third party to your subscription and give them administrator access for your subscription. See the note above about adding new users.
- If another individual or business has acquired your business, you need to give access to the new owners first by adding them as new users. You should not allow them to use your sign-in details under any circumstances.
- If you have signed up under a Saasu partner, and later decide to become a direct Saasu customer, you need to sign up again under a new paid subscription plan with us. Once you have signed-up, inform us you have done so and we will transfer your files from the Premier Partner’s subscription to yours.
- The same applies if you are a Saasu Partner and require customer files to be moved from their own subscription to your subscription. You have to inform your customers to instruct us to do this. We will then transfer the customer files over to their new subscriptions from yours.
The person I invited didn’t get the invite email?
On occasions the email invite can get caught in a junk mail folder. This is a good place to check first if the email invite doesn’t get through. If you need any assistance working out why, just create a service ticket and we’ll check if the email was sent.