You can attach files to your invoices, activities, employees and journal entries in Saasu. This can help keep financial documents associated with their related transactions. Some examples are:
- Attach invoices you received by email to Purchases or Expenses in Saasu.
- Attach scanned invoices against your Purchases or Expenses in Saasu.
- Keeping an employee contract on record against their employee record in Saasu.
- Ensure audit records are recorded against journal entries.
How to attach files
To begin attaching files:
- Open the Sale, Purchase, Contact, Employee or other transaction you want to attach a document to.
- Scroll down to the Attachments section of the Screen and click Add:
- After you do this, a popup window will prompt you to choose the file you want to upload.
- Find the file you want to attach and then click "Attach" or "Attach and Close".
- You will then see the file added to this record in your Saasu file:
For general information, it will show when this file was uploaded, the size of the file and the name of the file. You can click the "edit" icon on the right hand side to see further information (such as a description) and you can delete this file should you no longer need it.
Keeping file size and storage efficient
- The top tip is to look at what type of files you store:
- Just a few really big files can cause you to use up a big piece of your allowance
- People sometimes scan documents inefficiently with big file sizes. Learn how to scan for good resolution but low file size. e.g. 300 DPI or less and in PDF format which creates good file sizes and can be viewed by most computers.
- People take photos of receipts and upload them. A photo can be 5-10 Megabytes on a high res phone camera. This is a big file. A PDF scan is generally 1/10th of that size. Camera's often allow you to export smaller file sizes to email or your computer.
- Some file types aren't recommended for upload if you are storing a lot of documents. These include BMP, TIFF, PSD, RAW, JPG (Uncompressed original resolution). These are large heavy file formats using large amounts of data storage. Recommended file types are PDF, JPG, PNG, TXT or CSV.
Fair play limits for attachments.
Maximum file size you can upload is 2 megabytes (2096kB)
Maximum total file storage for you accounting file is:
Bulk exporting attachments
Unfortunately you cannot do this. You are able to download attachments individually, however you cannot export attachments in bulk from Saasu.