You can automatically feed your transaction data from ANZ bank accounts into Saasu. This process is called Direct Bank Feeds. You can activate direct bank feeds from within ANZ online banking by following these steps:
Setup an ANZ Direct Feed for my Bank Account or Credit Card
IMPORTANT: Before you connect a direct feed from ANZ ensure that you have a bank Account setup in Saasu to connect this feed to (you can connect to an existing bank account in Saasu or create a new one). Please ensure that the BSB and Account number is correct on the Edit Bank Account page in Saasu (ensure no spaces or dashes are used). For credit cards, ensure that the account number is entered as the first 7 numbers, followed by six X’s (to replace those 6 numbers), and then finishes with the last four numbers. Example : 1234567XXXXXX1234
- Sign into ANZ Online Banking.
- Navigate to Manage bank feeds by selecting Settings and then selecting Manage bank feeds from within ANZ Internet Banking.
- For first time users, select Get started. Otherwise, select “Activate a new bank feed”.
- Select Saasu from the list of supported platforms, then click Next to continue. Note: This requires an active subscription.
- Enter your Saasu File ID as the Primary ID, and Saasu Username (email address used to sign into Saasu) as the Secondary ID. Your File ID can be found next to the file name on the Manage Subscription page. Note: Please make sure this is the File ID and not the Subscription ID.
- Select the account/s that you’d like to link to Saasu from the list provided and select Next to continue.
- For each eligible account that you’ve selected to link to your software platform, select whether you’d like to add historical data by checking the appropriate box. Historical data options include ‘Last 2 years’ (data from the current and previous financial year), ‘Current year’ (data from the current financial year only), and ‘none’ (no historical data). Historical data is only available at first time setup. Select ‘Next’ to continue.
- If you have the approval of all other account signatories, check the box beside “I have been authorised by all account signatories to activate this bank feed.”
- Once you have completed your activation request, select “Submit” to submit it. Note: This process may take up to 48 hours to review and activate. Select “Done” to navigate to Manage bank feeds.
Move Direct feed to a different bank account
When you setup a direct feed for a transaction account, if you had your BSB and account number added correctly within Saasu this feed will connect to your existing account. If these details were not present, or this is a credit card feed, a new Saasu bank account will be created. You can rename this account as you please by selecting View > Bank Accounts however the feed cannot be moved if this is for a Credit Card.
Cancel ANZ Direct Feed
- Log into your ANZ internet banking.
- Navigate to Manage bank feeds by selecting Settings and then selecting Manage bank feeds.
- Select the account you’d like to deactivate the bank feed for under Saasu the software provider.
- Select Deactivate this bank feed or Delete pending activation if the feed is not yet active.
- You’ll see a message to confirm that you’d like to deactivate the bank feed. Select Deactivate or Delete to deactivate the bank feed/delete the bank feed request.
- You will be returned to the Manage bank feeds page and your bank feed will be displayed with a Deactivate status listed beside it.
I was using Yodlee, will data duplicate?
It is possible to have a small overlap of data. Since the data feeds are two totally separate data feeds there is a small potential for duplicates in the change over period depending on the option you have selected for previous data to be imported during your ANZ feed setup.