The Consolidated P&L report allows you to combine the P&L Summary reports of a number of files under a single subscription. At least 1 of the files in the subscription needs to be on the Large plan in order to enable this functionality. This consolidation is very useful for seeing multiple business P&Ls in one report.
Create Consolidation Group
Before you can run a Consolidated P&L report you need to first create a Consolidation Group. Note: The Consolidation Group needs to be setup in a file that is on the Large Plan.
- Go to Add > Consolidation Group
- Enter a name for the group
- Add the files to consolidate by selecting them from the dropdown boxes. There will initially be space for 2 files but if you are consolidating more than 2 files then just click on the [+] icon and select the additional file.
- Click Save (or Save and Add Another, or Save and Close)
Run Consolidate P&L Report
- Go to Reports > Profit and Loss – Consolidated
- Select the Consolidation Group you want to run the report for
- Select the accounting method – cash or accrual
- Choose the date range
- Choose whether to show accounts with zero balance
- Click View Report
- Once the report is displayed you can export this to a CSV file or print the report as it is displayed on screen
NOTE: Files with different base currencies cannot be included in the Consolidation Group.