Why and how we collect and use data about you:
- We provide services and products in the accounting and information technology industries. Part of this service provision requires us to protect your privacy. From 21 December 2001 the Commonwealth Privacy Act contains new sections that we are bound by. They concern a number of principles in relation to the protection of your personal information and in how we must deal with our customers in relation to this information.
- Personal information held by us may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile numbers, e-mail address, bank account and credit card details, details of your services and information we require to perform our services for you.
- Sensitive personal financial information entered into Services we offer will not be used or disclosed by Saasu except as authorised by you to perform our services for you and to provide summarised anonymous benchmarking data across all our clients.
- Access to this information by your professional advisors or other representatives can only be granted by you.
- Should you choose not to provide personal information we may not be able to provide you with the services you require or at a sufficient level that we regard as important for performing at best practice and as such we reserve the right to terminate the supply of this service to you.
- Some of the personal information that Saasu holds may be the same information as that which you enter in your Saasu financial database, however our information is not collected only from that source.
- Only you and your nominated representatives (which explicitly includes some Saasu system administrative employees) have access to your financial database under normal operational circumstances with the exception of summarised anonymous data.
- You agree that we may use your data as a part of summarised anonymous data for benchmarking, financial trends and economic analysis and reporting by our research teams products and services.
- We agree that summarised anonymous data will not have enough detail to identify underlying individuals or individual businesses making up that data made available via our research teams products and services.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information:
- In conversations with you and your employees, in person, from e-mail, social media and telephone.
- From third parties such as your employees, your accountant, related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives.
- From publicly available sources of information.
- When we are required to do so by law.
- From our own records of your usage of Saasu services.
- From our own internal systems that automatically collect data such as login monitoring systems that track IP address, Device Name (MAC Address) and the type of web browser you use as examples.
- From 3rd party systems such as Google Analytics so we can better understand what interest you on our website (to personalise and target content that fits your interests) and what features you use in our products so we can better design them.
How We Use and Process Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Form a contract with you such as accepting our terms to Trial Saasu’s services.
- Provide our products and services to you.
- Collect payments and to administer your account.
- Provide you with product and service updates.
- Conduct creditworthiness checks and/or fraud checks.
- For development of existing and new products and services.
- Maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems.
- Promote new products and services we create to you.
- Conduct research into our client base.
- To create aggregated (anonymous) benchmarking data.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Protect you from a variety security risks.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
In providing our products and services, or collecting and using your personal information, we will always keep your data private to the maximum extent commercially and practically possible. In the normal course of business and in order to provide your service we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to organisations outside Saasu. Such organisations may include:
- Our outsourced service providers that host our data and manage our email campaigns.
- Your legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors if you agree as part of the service.
- Credit- and/or fraud-reporting agencies if you use the service for making financial transaction instructions.
- Organisations providing you with credit or financing.
- Our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors and bankers.
- Regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law.
- Other organisations involved in supporting our operations.
- 3rd Parties involved in investing, merging or acquiring our business (including their advisors and/or agents).
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable precautions to make sure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. We appreciate notification of errors, omissions or changes in your personal information. This is especially important for information required for us to communicate with you, such as a change in name, email, phone or address.
Security of Your Personal Information
Saasu takes reasonable steps that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some notable measures to ensure the security of your personal information include: Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection encryption; and regular backups of the database. The security of this information is also dependent on your own measures to protect your Saasu usernames, email addresses and passwords from disclosure and unauthorised use.
Transfer or Export of your Personal Information
When you or your customers directly or indirectly use our services, the Personal Information may be transferred or exported from the country these parties reside in to the country where the data resides. Australia’s laws differ to the European Economic Area (EEA) and also the United States privacy laws and regulations. Despite this, Saasu has set internal quality standards to meet the EEA General Data Protection Regulations and US Privacy Laws and Regulations. Where your personal data is transferred outside these economic zones, it is transferred to Australia which is defined as Adequate protection by the EEA and also to our third party suppliers such as Google and Campaign Monitor who have established compliant operating procedures to protect your Personal Information.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access any of your personal information that we hold, with some exceptions as allowed by law. To obtain a copy of this information, write to us requesting the information and we will provide it to you. Saasu reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of this information.
Retention of your personal information
We hold your data while you remain a subscriber to Saasu. If you choose to leave Saasu you should export your data. We hold your data for a 90 day safety period in case of malicious deletion or change of mind cases. Thereafter, for security, legal and cost of maintenance reasons we may schedule your data for deletion or to be anonymised at any time.
By continuing to use our products or services or website you consent to Saasu maintaining, using and disclosing your Personal Information as described in this document for a period of no less than seven years from the date of your last use of the system (or the date of the last use of the system by any user under your subscription, whichever is the latest).
At any time you can:
- Request to learn what Personal Information we hold about you.
- Request the deletion (erasure) of your information. This may include anonymisation pseudo-anonymisation of some data instead of total deletion.
- Correct that information online, or where this is not possible, via our service team.
- Object to the continued use, processing or storing of your personal identifiable information.
- Lodge a complaint with us via firstname.lastname@example.org and as a result, expect a review and investigation.
- Lodge a complaint with the regulatory authority for your country or economic zone.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy please email email@example.com and we will attend to your query promptly.